What We Love
- Chic, boutique-size resort with tons of laid-back charm (no need to dress up here!)
- Refreshing pitchers of Sangria at Habanero's. Just what the Beach Doctor ordered.
- You can rent a golf cart from the resort (about $65 a day) and zip around the island.
- "Beachcombing" is welcomed - the water along the shore is shallow. Down-shore you'll discover natural Belizean landscapes.
- Receiving a professional massage with the ocean waves gently rolling in near you - the "Sea Spa" is amazing, and is aptly named.
Things to Know
- Located on Placencia Peninsula, which offers 18 miles of pure paradise. Placencia Village is only five miles away and Seine Bight Village is a half-mile away.
- Evocative locate flavors and mouth-watering Belizean food available beachside.
- Close to amazing natural attractions, including barrier reefs, tropical rainforests and Mayan ruins.
- Enjoy poolside BBQ with live music, food and fun every Saturday night.
- The water is filtered and safe to drink, but bottled water is also available.
This is exactly what you imagined when traveling to Belize. Jaw-dropping beauty, tranquil beaches, warm and welcoming people, delicious island cuisine, and countless destinations to explore.
The appeal of Robert's Grove is the island itself. 22 acres of the white sands and lush vegetation host 52 picture-perfect villas. Explore, relax, read, eat, drink - do whatever your want...it's your vacay time!
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating863 reviews
Excellent hospitality & services
Great customer service by the friendly staff. The rooms were really nice and cozy- the floral decorations on the bed added an extra touch of natural beauty. The restaurant area was enjoyable as you can directly feel the fresh air of the gorgeous Caribbean Sea...and the food is yummy!! Totally recommend the pork chops & fish fillet...plus, for you sea lovers, they have refreshing pools or you can choose to swim the stunning Caribbean Sea... it’s up to you!
Had a very enjoyable experience.
The resort is ready for a upgrade but the food and service made up for that. Beautiful location right on the beach with a nice fresh water swimming pool. The staff could not have been better with the services and went out of their way to to be friendly which seems to be part of the culture here. I would stay again.
What a Great Hotel!!!
We enjoyed everything about Robert’s Grove! The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. The continental breakfast was better than any we have ever had! Fruit, eggs, toast, potatoes and the world’s best coffee! Our room was very spacious and clean. The view from our room was just amazing! We did a horseback riding excursion that the hotel set up for us. Such a fun day!! Highly recommend Robert’s Grove!
vacation to the beach in belize
This resort has not been updated in YEARS. we have luke warm water in the room, esp shower, Wi Fi barely in the room. shower/bathroom old! furniture OLD and uncomfortable except for the bed thank goodness. clean, but just a shabby resort that was over priced. staff great, food good. Bar was a joke, no music, no vibe. We ended up nextdoor at Laru for fun. Dead resort. Pool water freezing cold. And it's 4 miles from the village of Placencia, so you taxi to town at night. $10 US. Way overpriced for it, empty, and needs a redo. Do not recommend.
A Taste of Belize in Placencia
I was fortunate enough to stay in Placencia over the New Year holiday and I can honestly say that the service at Robert's Grove is very good. The food is well seasoned, the rooms were very clean and quiet, and the staff set out to make my stay as comfortable as possible. There were moments when the simplest amenities were in short supply, i.e. the wait for beach towels, silverware, and food from the restaurant, but we just chalked that up to the experience of being in a place where the tourism industry is in it's beginning stages. On the one hand, totally seamless service would be wonderful, but on the other, it colors the clientele and the overall experience. When Placencia turns into Tulum, we will lament the good ole days when it was less slick.