What We Love
- No reservations needed at any of the restaurants.
- The Spanish-style resort with classic decor flourishes, surrounded by palm groves and the Pacific.
- Supervised fun for the little ones while you savor that refreshing drink by the teal waves.
- The majestic Sierra Madres that hug Banderas Bay, which frame the breathtaking sunsets.
- Stress-relieving massages in open-air palapas, facials and Henna tattoos you can get at the spa.
- The championship golf course that's near and waiting for your A-game.
- The nearby Marieta Islands, home to the famous Hidden Beach, a natural wonder that'll blow your hair back.
Things to Know
- The resort is just 10 short miles from the airport. Your vacay is so near you'll be able to taste it.
- Frolicking at the dolphinarium in Banderas Bay is a great option for a non-beach day.
- The Malecon, a promenade with beautiful sculptures, is near and ready for your attention.
- There's wave after wave of water sports: body boarding, kayaking, catamarans and more.
- The boat trip to Yelapa, an epic beach paradise you can access by boat, is a must-do.
- For a fee, you can hop on horses and/or bikes to explore the exotic, tropical terrain.
- The traditional village of Bucerias is near and filled with craft markets for your inner shopaholic.
LocationRiviera Nayarit - Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival
Spring Break Policies - At least one person 21 years or older is required in every room during the months of February through May. During the remainder of the year, at least one person 18 years or older is required in every room. The hotel reserves the right of admission and may request a guest present his/her passport or official ID as proof of age. Guests can and will be removed from the property, at their own expense, if any disturbance or complaint from other guests or hotel staff arises.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfers to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating5665 reviews
Wonderful Hotel but be very wary of leaving the hotel complex
The RUI JALISCO hotel, restaurants, gardens and staff were excellent. Unfortunately for my brother and I the holiday turned out to be a holiday from hell as we were held against our will by a cartel and under extreme duress they extorted a fortune out of me. I am not allowed to share a link but if you search my name under just giving you read more about our cartel experience.
Hotel Riu Jalisco
OMGawd...I so badly didn't want to go to Mexico in the worst way. I had never been and had heard too many terrible stories. But my kids wanted to go. The minute I entered the hotel...I was blown away with how wonderful it was. And that feeling stayed with me for the whole week we were there. We signed up for alot of the outtings and really enjoyed ourselves. Was blown away by the service and my whole family (12 of us) was thrilled with Sandra in the main dining room. And our special needs young man ..they nick named him Ricardo....and he was treated like a king! Met lots of people from Canada! Next time we are staying TWO weeks. I would highly recommend anyone who is planning a trip next year to consider this hotel. But go in Feb...not too hot but a nice hot. The Mexican people are sooooo nice!!
1st Class again!!!
What a great trip with friends! This was my 8th trip between the Jalisco and Vallarta and I will be back when travel restarts. The staff, food, rooms, beach, pools but most importantly, the customer service was 1st class as usual. Special appreciation to Jovany Villalobos Meza for always being a fantastic host! The neon party was energy packed as was all the daily poolside entertainment. I always love the fun, laughs and memories that come with each and every visit. See you all soon!
Worst Trip Ever
We wouldnt stay at another Rui if it was the last resort on earth. Your staff is terrible. Your security on the beach terrible. Your unwilliness to hellp us was zero, you could not have cared less if we were there or not. Worst Rui we have ever stayed at.. 20 people, NEVER RETURNING TO A RUI. We were there to celebrate my 60th birthday, more ike ruined it.
Rooms need refurbishment, had several problems with the room which were sorted but not a great start to the holiday. Despite trying to eat in the steak restaurant 10 times we never got a table. The Mexican restaurant which was brilliant the first week was closed for most of the second week. The beach bar had one barman so a 20 minute wait was not uncommon, the beach restaurant which was the only place for lunch during the second week was full of cats and birds and the food poor quality. The burger bar was closed for the second week. The beach and the pools were not cleaned and plastic glasses left everywhere. Grounds of the hotel were well kept and clean shame this effort was not applied to the beach.