What We Love
- With scuba and surfing, there's plenty of outdoor activities. Plus, the spa offers the perfect addition after a day on the beach.
- Enjoy spa treatments during the day, including full-body and beauty salon treatments.
- Try your hand, or your foot, at one of the beach soccer fields; grab a bow for a little friendly archery action or test your flexibility with the gymnastics and aerobics activities.
Things to Know
- This area is well-known for its excellent scuba and snorkeling spots.
- The resort is only 15 minutes away from Tamarindo Airport
- If you're visiting between October and February, you might witness the nesting of the leatherback turtles at the nearby national park.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant
- Unlimited local beverages (water bottles, sodas, beer, domestic liquor, cocktails and coffee)
- Snack bar and fast food at the lobby and poolside bars
- Activities for children and adults
- Evening entertainment/shows
- Towels for the pool and beach
- Taxes and gratuities
- A la carte restaurant (reservation required)
- Travel agent for excursions
- Car rental
- Aquatic center
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating3811 reviews
You guys ROCK !!!!
Best hotel i've been in CR , loved the nature around it, my family was attended by the best staff , very profesional and highly efficient , i was assisted by Cristina and she did it awesome by taking care of us , i do , for sure recommend this hotel !!
Great friendly service, beach access, lots of wild life and great entertainment!
My boyfriend, parents and I just got back from this resort. The pool, rooms and resort are beautiful and have everything you need. The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond especially during this troubling time of covid19. The entertainment was amazing they still put on a great show for even a small crowd of guests still remaining. The food was great and you could tell the chefs really tried to please all the guests. Amazing wildlife and beautiful sunsets on the beach made this a special place to stay. I recommend this resort to anyone!!! Hoping when things settle down everyone gets a chance to check out this great resort !!
Amazing Costa Rica trip
I went down to Costa Rica for a few weeks this past year and found myself infringe of one of the most astonishing beaches I’ve ever seen. The hotel is right on the beach, has a huge pool, and gives you the chance to experience the natural beauties of the estuary and ocean. The hotel serves amazing breakfasts and great full course meals. If you’re traveling with a family of friends Occidental can adapt to your particular needs and wants of your experience. Everyday they offer dancing clases to learn about the culture, as well and pool entertainment and many different activities to do. The hotel is very close to tamarindo yet the sound of the clubs and “city” life doesn’t disturb. The staff was very nice and helpful, got to make new friends from all over the world. I recommend Occidental to anyone traveling through Costa Rica, since it’s an enriching experience along very welcoming hosts. Hope to come back soon! Sincerely, Emily.
I have stayed many times at Occidental Tamarindo and the staff is always very friendly and welcoming. Also the rooms are really modern and clean. The entertainment of the hotel is awesome, the shows are creative and unique. Definitely a great hotel for an amazing time with your family or/and friends!
My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 days. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!! Food was good, rooms were nice. Hotel super close to everything in town. We had trouble getting lunches for the days we had trips planned but it worked itself out. Nightly entertainment at the bar and the shows in the theater were great. Would definitely revisit.