What We Love
- With scuba and surfing, there's plenty of outdoor activities. Plus, the spa offers the perfect addition after a day on the beach.
- Enjoy spa treatments during the day, including full-body and beauty salon treatments.
- Try your hand, or your foot, at one of the beach soccer fields; grab a bow for a little friendly archery action or test your flexibility with the gymnastics and aerobics activities.
Things to Know
- This area is well-known for its excellent scuba and snorkeling spots.
- The resort is only 15 minutes away from Tamarindo Airport
- If you're visiting between October and February, you might witness the nesting of the leatherback turtles at the nearby national park.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant
- Unlimited local beverages (water bottles, sodas, beer, domestic liquor, cocktails and coffee)
- Snack bar and fast food at the lobby and poolside bars
- Activities for children and adults
- Evening entertainment/shows
- Towels for the pool and beach
- Taxes and gratuities
- A la carte restaurant (reservation required)
- Travel agent for excursions
- Car rental
- Aquatic center
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating3811 reviews
Excellent hotel with very friendly staff
This hotel has everything you need when you would like to enjoy vacation either with friends, alone or with the family. Stunning pool and beach, ping-pong, gym as well as relaxing spa ... etc. are just some of the facets of the hotel. Not only the activities but also the food in the three restaurants is extraordinary! Furthermore the employees take great care about their guests. From the beginning on it felt like home!! I can highly recommend „Occidental Tamarindo“!
Home away from home.
My daughter and I stayed at the Occidental Tamarindo from January 15-22, 2020. I have never felt more welcomed in all my life! The staff went out of their way to accommodate and help us with our every need. Oscar, the charming gentleman on the front desk, was very profesional and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us. He knew us by name and made a point to greet us and make us feel at home every day. I also want to send a special shout out to Natalia, who was also very warm, friendly and accommodating. The staff at this resort really go above and beyond to make their clients feel at home. The resort is beautiful and not too big. The rooms are a little dated, but still comfy. The grounds with the monkeys and other wildlife were stunning! The food was good (always lots of choice) and the coffee was delish! The house band, Costa Real, is amazing and added a nice authentic feel to the overall ambiance! And finally, the beach and sunsets were spectacular! We have special memories of our visit and really felt connected to everyone we met. Costa Ricans are so beautiful!!! Muchas gracias! Pura vida! Hasta la próxima! Leslie
Just got back and even in the worst of times it was a great stay and great time at this resort. The resort is extremely clean, extremely comfortable with amazing rooms on the side that has been remodeled. The food was excellent at every meal and the staff were great, our server Diego went above and beyond to make us happy. The only thing I think I missed was that there was no service at the pool, only the beach. I would definitely recommend this resort and if I was heading back to Costa Rica it would definitely be on my list.
You guys ROCK !!!!
Best hotel i've been in CR , loved the nature around it, my family was attended by the best staff , very profesional and highly efficient , i was assisted by Cristina and she did it awesome by taking care of us , i do , for sure recommend this hotel !!
Great friendly service, beach access, lots of wild life and great entertainment!
My boyfriend, parents and I just got back from this resort. The pool, rooms and resort are beautiful and have everything you need. The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond especially during this troubling time of covid19. The entertainment was amazing they still put on a great show for even a small crowd of guests still remaining. The food was great and you could tell the chefs really tried to please all the guests. Amazing wildlife and beautiful sunsets on the beach made this a special place to stay. I recommend this resort to anyone!!! Hoping when things settle down everyone gets a chance to check out this great resort !!