What We Love
- All rooms have private balconies, which are great for enjoying the gorgeous sunsets.
- Take the resort's private boat to nearby Deer Island, with snorkeling, sunbathing, and tons of sun.
- The pool stretches throughout the resort and includes waterfalls, rock formations and the ever popular swim-up bar.
- A grocery store on-site lets you pick up snacks and drinks.
- Take advantage of the 15-person spa tub to meet new friends, or head to the quiet pool for soothing adult-tranquility.
- Noshing on seafood under a palapa at La Concha is a must-do.
Things to Know
- The resort's two pools have features that kids of all ages love. The waterfalls especially remind you that you're in an exotic paradise.
- The El Cid Golf and Country Club not only has a 27-hole championship golf course that will test your skills, but tennis, a spa and fitness center.
- Tons of thrilling water sports - you can jet ski, boogie board or kayak the seas, all before you're afternoon siesta.
- Only 4 short miles from downtown Olas Atlas, where you'll find tons of shopping, restaurants and nightlife.
- Mazatlan is known for their cliff divers - make sure you check them out on your vacay.
- Bay cruise, Deer Island and Stone Island Tours all depart daily from El Cid Marina.
This hotel is not all-inclusive. Food and drinks must be purchased separately.
Unless otherwise specified, all services are available for an additional charge.
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating2902 reviews
Excellent staff and accommodations. My only negative comment is that there are too many beach vendors who are constantly trying to get our attention. It would also be nice to separate the smokers from the non-smokers on the beach. Have the smokers down wind.
great location, uninviting resort!!
We were picked up by the resorts airport shuttle as reqested! After a 30 minute ride we arrived at the resort. The huge lobby was uninviting! The staff at check in were courteous and pleasant. Our one bedrrom suite on the 21 floor was huge, with a view of Mazatlan and the lengthy beach! Suite was not decorated with paintings etc.. Mini kirchen with a large fridge and all the ameniteis of home, table and 4 chairs in eating area Two private full bathrooms (one with a huge walk-in shower ) The hide-a-bed was atrocious, could see the spings in the mattress! After advising the staff that it was going to used as a bed for the two weeks we were there, they placed a Queen size "pillow top" bed mattress on it and we left it pulled out during our stay. It had a regular balconey with 3 "lawn" chairs. Room servce attended daily. We did not take the all in-clusive plan because there are many good eating establishments in the immediate area! The food in the resorts restaurants was mediocure . Ample shoppping close by
Vacation during the Plague
I enjoyed El Moro and the neighboring hotels very much. Being right in the middle of the city was a big plus for me. Even with all the craziness going on in the world it was an excellent experience. The employees there are the backbone and I hope they are being treated well. Maybe improve the pizza a bit but overall everything was great. If the price is right I will be back soon.
El Cid Moro
This was our 2nd family vacation to El Cid in Mazatlan. We love El Cid! I love being able to visit all the other resorts. My all time favorite is the Marina. My family love the activities. I love the food, the drinks, and especially the staff!
El Cid 2020
Our week at the El Cid Moro was as wonderful as ever and, even in the midst of the coronavirus, we felt safe in spending a week at the resort in Mazatlan. The only difference with this visit was that we stayed pretty "close to home" i.e., the resort and did not venture out into the city. The resort was a real oasis in the midst of the pandemic.