What We Love
- With cascading waterfalls, rock formations, tropical plants and water slides, the enormous pool at this resort is a ton of fun for kids and adults.
- There's something for everyone, from golf and sport fishing to a kid's club and great pool. This resort is a perfect base for your adventures.
- Keep your palate guessing with full access to three onsite restaurants.
Things to Know
- The resort is only 30 minutes away from Mazatlan airport.
- Maximize your vacay hours by checking pick-up times on scheduled transfers.
- Onsite activities are perfectly suited for adults and families.
Kids love the water slides in the pool, but it's the cascading waterfalls, rock formations and tropical plants that charm parents. Widely regarded as Mexico's largest infinity pool, the pool is just the place to soak up the lavish warmth of Mazatlan's sun. While there, be sure to quench your thirst with a lava flow or Mai Tai at the swim-up bar. If that's not enough, you can check out the pools at the sister resorts!
One vacation won't be enough time to try everything at this beach hotel. Mazatlan, the "Pearl of the Pacific," lays claim to some of the best sport fishing in the Americas, and charter crews operate from the El Cid Marina Beach. Save a day or two for diving, snorkeling or simply sailing.
The resort's five restaurants provide plenty of choices, and the dinner show at La Pergola is sure to intrigue. The distinctive mariachi blend of trumpet, classical guitar and violin stirs the soul, even as whirling dancers in traditional costumes mesmerize. Mexican Fiesta is just one of the shows offered at the dinner theater. Each night is different, with Broadway musicals, like Cats and Evita, as well as a Fantasy Show with black light special effects.
After an action-packed day, retreat to an Ocean View Room and spend time enjoying the stunning pool and sea vistas from a private balcony. Lounge on the couch in the living room, or rest comfortably on the plush bed. After all, another day of adventure awaits.
- All meals at three on-site restaurants, as well as meals at the four restaurants of our sister hotels
- Unlimited alcoholic (house brand) and non-alcoholic beverages at restaurants, snack bars and lounges of this hotel.
Book Elite All-Inclusive and receive upgraded services and amenities. Features include:
- Guaranteed Ocean View accommodations with bathrobes
- Food and beverages in all restaurants and lounges throughout the four resorts, plus the Sushi Bar at El Cid Country Club (including premium menu items)
- Preferred seating at a la carte restaurants
- Free Internet access at Elite Club
- Special discounts at Pronatours, Aries Fishing Fleet and El Cid Spa
- Personalized attention and coordination of tours and activities by Elite Concierge
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a Spring Break-free environment.
General Information - Room taxes are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel. College groups are not allowed
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating1195 reviews
A place to stay to make you feel like your in Mexico
This is a small resort in the Country Club. The only property without being on the beach or water. The rooms are dated but nice. The staff is great and always makes you feel warm and welcomed. Daniel, GM, makes his staff one of the most friendly and helpful at El Cid's 4 resorts.
Sister time in Mazatlan
What a wonder holiday, great company, good food and wonderful service! All we could ever ask for and more! I would like to thank everyone in reception, restaurants and bars for their courteous and friendly service. Special thanks to Roberto B, Ruben and Ana at the Granada pool/bar, Big Ruben at the Pergola and the lovely Laticia in the lobby bar!
2nd Time at Granada as perfect as the first!
What an amazing place to stay! I booked this resort the day before I left so although I did not get room 1028 again at checkout, the manager managed to get it for me the next day. The best part of this hotel is the people who work here(missed Leo so much) and the guests who stay here. We met many new friends who I am sure we will meet up with in the near future or hopefully travel with. A big thankyou to Sunwing on getting us home safely. The only negative was our visit to the Italian restaurant. Our waiter admitted he forgot we were there so we had a long wait. Also he said the menu had just changed so we were disappointed in what we ordered. Thank goodness for the cheesecake. Wish you could go there just for that! Argentine was amazing. Glad that menu wasn't messed with. Beach restaurant was really good. Ribs we had one lunch time were amazing! Snack menu at Granada was excellent too, as was breakfast. Ocean was too rough and cold to swim in so we stuck with the heated pools. Thank you to El Cid staff for a wonderful week. Hope to see you when this crisis is over. Stay safe!
El Cid Resort is great!
Have been staying here now for several years. Great hotel joined with the El Cid Castilla which on the beach in the Golden Zone! (it is essentially one resort with two sections) Good food and the staff are Excellent! Had a wonderful time - can highly recommend.
Amazing stay at EL Cid Granda 7 times and counting
This has been my 7 time at this resort and the staff are amazing as they try so hard to please and serve you. they have a well equipped gym if that's what you like to day to get your day started, the golf is good + lots of interesting things to do