What We Love
- Snorkeling is amazing - the coral reef here is world-renowned & more than epic.
- A world-class golf course is just across the street, but there's mini golf if you wanna take it down a notch.
- A great family vacay spot that offers the salvation of an adults-only pool when you need it.
- The ridiculously relaxing massages you can get in the spa, by the pool or by the ocean.
- The complimentary (read: FREE) scuba lesson that will ready you, or not, for the deep blue.
- Hopping on a scooter or moped and checking out Mother Nature's awesomeness around you.
- The shows in the evening are pretty darn amusing. The entertainment team has got skills.
Things to Know
- The resort is just five minutes from the airport. Breathe and you'll be on the beach.
- Buy your transfers (from us) to and from the airport. It'll be one less thing to worry about.
- There are five snazzy, jazzy bars and lounges where you chill or get wild or toggle between the two.
- You've got four nosheries with scrumptious cuisine and settings.
- Dive into aqua aerobics for the exercise thing, or water polo for the competition thing.
- In addition to snorkeling, there's parasailing, motor boating, or Hobie catting (is that a word?).
- You can play shuffleboard and tennis, but if you want a smaller court, there's always ping-pong.
- There's volleyball to enjoy, but if you want near zero physical movement, there's Spanish lessons.
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating4095 reviews
We Loved Melia Cozumel Golf
We had a wonderful time at this resort. The staff starting with the front desk Erik and Illiana so very accomodating and friendly. The food was very good and the staff were so friendly Antonio, Hamir, Ignacio, Fredy, Martin and Leonardo just to name a few so helpful. The resort was very clean and well kept. The beach was lovely. We will be back. Joan & Alex
Great resort in Cozumel
We had a wonderful experience , staff were friendly, food was good, drinks were great. Beach was chill! My only disappointment was booking side trips in the hotel lobby. We found the price wasn't what we thought, and would have preferred to not have done then. Other than that we had an amazing experience
Terrific family spot
A fairly small resort but participation in activities by guests made for a great atmosphere. For my taste, I will look for resorts of this size in the future. Plenty of beach volleyball, mini putt and lots of lounging. Guests seemed mainly responsible (not too loud at adult pool, not much carelessness with trash or waste of food/drink that I saw). The only guest trouble I had was people not controlling their children at the buffet. Seriously people, you/your kid should know better than to be touching food they are not taking - use the friggin' tongs! I try to avoid buffets but this one wasn't too bad - quality and variety was fine but it was pretty much the same breakfast and lunch every day. Table service and a la carte for all meals was pretty good. All in all, a very good value. Staff was generally excellent in trying to serve our needs/wants. Did not golf but the course looked pretty decent.
Winter beach vacation
Our stayed at the MeliaCozumel for four weeks from Feb. 19 to March 18. The Hotel is very well kept and clean, the beach is fabulous and the food was tasty and abundant. The best part was the Staff! From the day of our arrival until our departure a month later we were treated with a friendly and helpful attitude in all the areas that we frequented. Gerardo, Tania, Ramon at the Reception; Abril at the private Beach area; Felipe, Santos and Luis at the Bars; Antonio, Domingo, Freddy, Manuel(2), Jpse, Ignacio, Juan Hamir and so many others were terrific and courteous.. We will come back !
Good overall value. Nice and clean. Friendly and close to anything you need. Breakfast and Lunch were good. Dinners were a big disappointment. You may want to spend the extra and eat out at night. Otherwise, nice place.