What We Love
- We highly recommend Ohtli, the resort's full-service spa. It offers everything from Pilates to traditional Mayan body treatments to recharge after a day of fun.
Things to Know
- With Mexican-inspired decor and activities like Spanish lessons, an amazing spa, nearby golf and terrific pools, this resort offers a cool, exotic vacation.
At this resort, kids and toddlers get their own pools, which are surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas for parents. The family pool has a unique rock-garden island and a sunset-view infinity edge, plus a whirlpool. For sand in your flip-flops, walk out to El Salado Beach, where you can kick back in the complimentary lounge chairs, and enjoy views of aquamarine-colored water and white sand.
When you've worked up an appetite, it's time for a casual lunch at the open-air restaurant Las Casitas. Or, check out burgers, fries and wings at Champions Sports Bar. If you want a more elegant experience, Mikado serves Japanese and Thai dishes in a refined and soothing ambiance. For evening entertainment, the Lobby Bar can hook you up with cocktails and Mexican-style tapas, fine tequila and live music.
Another standout feature of this resort is the Kids Club. While parents enjoy quality time together, kids ages 4-12 can hang out and join in supervised activities. Local craftsmen teach them how to paint barro-clay pottery, and if the climate and season are just right, kids might even get to participate in the Sea Turtle Rescue Program by attending a baby turtle release ceremony!
After a day of Caribbean bliss, retreat to the comfort of signature bedding, featuring plush mattresses, soft sheets and a luxurious abundance of pillows. If you're not quite ready for bed, a broad walkway lined with shops, bars and restaurants is only 216 yd (200 m) away!
Unless otherwise specified all services are available for an additional charge.
General Policies & Fine Print
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
General Information - Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
- Two Welcome Drinks (Beer, Margarita or Mojito) Valid to be used in the hotel outlets, does NOT include Room Service.
- Complimentary enhanced Wi-Fi access in guest room and hotel public areas.
- Two Bottled Water and two Coffee packages in the room. Per day.
- Complimentary use of bicycles for two. Maximum two (2) hours per day. Limited availability, please reserve at our Activities Center.
- Tequila Tasting for two (2). Check with our Concierge for schedule. Limited availability.
- Use of Kayaks and Paddle boards. Limited availability, please reserve in advance at our Activities Center.
- Access to the Spa Wellness area for two (2). Maximum two hours per day. Limited availability, please reserve with Spa Concierge.
- Use of tennis courts and tennis racquets. Maximum two hours per day. Limited availability, please reserve with our Spa Concierge.
- Recreation Activities. Volleyball, Ping pong, Jenga, aqua aerobics, Spanish lessons and much more. Check for activities and daily schedule at our Activities Center by the pool. Limited availability.
- Use of Basketball Court and balls. Limited availability, please reserve at our Activities Center.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating4360 reviews
Great Value and amazing new pool
This is our 3rd or 4th stay at PV Marriott and it does not disappoint.. The new pool renovation is stunning, one of the nicest resort pools I have been to. Staff here are always amazing and we were treated so well. The food and beverage are excellent and great value, for a top resort the prices are extremely reasonable. Marriott Platinum and Titanium although no lounge, can have a lovely continental breakfast served at La Casita which is the beachside restaurant, the larger main restaurant remained closed due to covid. Hotel was perfect for social distancing... we were often the only people at the pool. Masks are required in public areas and to/from dining table, but not while eating/drinking or at pool/beach. Rooms are nice, bright and airy.... my only slight concern is the bedding does not seem like typical Marriott beds! Much harder I found.... location is great for the airport and marina area... To zona romantica is $5 in Uber. All in all a great stay..
Pretty sleek with a great location.
If you want to stay inside PV but not within the noise of the nightlife then the Marina is the best way to go, within the Marina this Marriott is the one that is perfectly located just across one of the entrances to the Marina promenade. The hotel has some pretty cool and diverse options of restaurants and an excellent beach setting. The sunset bar that is next to the extremely-chic pool is the spotlight of the hotel. The breakfast at Las Casitas it is somewhat expensive in comparison to what is served (and other options around the area), but other than that everything in this hotel strongly delivers to a fantastic PV experience.
The hotel was nice and the wedding was beautiful… but my trip was ruined on the first day. A gal who offered massages on the beach stole my diamond necklace. I realize now it was a huge mistake to bring real jewelry to Mexico. This happened on the first day of my trip so it really put a damper on the whole thing. So much so that I will never go back to Mexico. I reported this right away to the manager of the hotel, the police were called but unfortunately nothing was really done. This gal continued to offer massages on the beach and even though the manager talked to her, she denied it. The police were supposed to come too but they didn’t. Why spend that kind of money on a hotel that is not all inclusive to be worried the entire time. Also my beach cover-up disappeared at the pool. The first day there a flight attendant from our flight told me not to go in the ocean, the water is contaminated. It’s definitely Hawaii for me from now on.
experience at La Casitas restaurant at the Marriott Resort and Spa
We returned home to some very stressful times but I want to tell you about my "home away from home" at the wonderful Marriott Resort and Spa in Puerto Vallarta. For seven glorious weeks ,exceptional service was extended to my husband and I during breakfast at La Casitas restaurant. Carlos ,our waiter, served us so professionally and knew exactly what we liked, and even what I wanted but should not have. Thank you Carlos for starting our days so brilliantly Pamela and Richard
Nice staff, great service and great location
Everyone at the Hotel is very professional and knowledgeable on taking care of you. I took a trip with my son during March 2020. The weather was beautiful. The service was excellent. They really know how to take care of you. Thanks for your service.