What We Love
- The hauntingly beautiful Mexican-Moroccan architecture that's soothing and graceful - it lulls you right into your Chill Zone.
- Resort privileges at Royal Solaris Cancun - check out the mouthwatering pizzas served by the pool and the kids will love the waterpark.
- The intimate plazas, or "Mexican squares", where you can spend some quiet time relaxing, enjoying a drink and embracing that, yes, you are actually on vacay.
- The spa where you can melt into stress-smashing massages, the Jacuzzi, steam room, and more. Pampering Central.
- Every Thursday, you can watch exotic belly dancers in the lobby whose sensual moves channel women from antiquity.
- You can enjoy hours of doing nothing on their gorgeous terraces. (That's what getaways are for, right?)
- Dining at the sublime Bogavante restaurant as you gaze at azure water lapping a few feet away.
Things to Know
- Take a zip line and soar above the jungle floor. Or, take a guided ride through the local wilderness. TThe staff will help direct you to the best tours in the area.
- There's a private marina with pedal boats and kayaks for you seafaring folks.
- Stay fit with tennis, beach volleyball, putt putt golf and a variety of other physical activities.
- There's an onsite mini golf course and mini water parks next door at Royal Solaris, but both offer BIG fun.
- For your little ones, there's a Kids Club at Royal Solaris Cancun where they can dive into everything from puzzles to face painting to movies. (Read: lots of activities so they'll sleep well at night).
LocationCancun - Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6143 reviews
We had a great family trip to Cancun & stayed at the GR Solaris. From the service, staff, food, entertainment, & accommodations was 5 Star! Will definetley return next year! We stayed for 10 days & when it was time to leave, nobody wanted to go home.
Sisters relax time
My sister and I had an awesome time at GR Solaris it was our first time at this resort and 6th time in Cancun. Smooth check in with very nice gentlemen at front desk who offered their cell phone for me to call home since mine was not working. Our room was spacious and clean, buffet for breakfast , lunches, snacks and drinks Pool side were plentiful. Sit down dinners were delicious.The Michael Jackson Show was awesome and music at lobby bar before calling it a night. Oh and can’t forget the Deli and room service. All was posible thanks to the great people who work there , thanks to all . We will be back this year
Favorite hotel in Cancun
We always stay in the GR Solaris when we visit Cancun. About a 15 minute drive from airport. The hotel is a perfect size, not one of the huge ones. The service is very good. The rooms are large and comfortable. Try to book one with the view of beach and pool. Truly worth it. The food in every single restaurant and snack bar is truly delicious and fresh all the time. Unlike many other hotels in Cancun. The pool is huge. The drinks served in the bars are perfect!!! That’s why we love staying there. Great hospitality from every single employee. Just be careful from the employees that are very pushy to try to sell you timeshares!!!! But once you tell them you are not interested, they will not hound you like other hotels. I recommend this hotel to anyone that truly wants to relax and eat well,
Treated like royalty!
My husband and I took a getaway trip to Cancun. My son is an owner at the GR SOLARIS. He was so kind to let us use one if his weeks. We love the GR SOLARIS and their entire staff. They make you feel at home while being treated wonderful. Friendly staff, spotless rooms, great nightly shows and no complaint on the restaurants. Love the Zia, Ridizio and breakfast at the Rosmarinus. I want to give a shout out to Eli that works at the Rosmarinus. He is such a plus to the GR. He was do nice and easy to talk to, made us feel special. Thank you Eli! Thank You to Carmen DeDios Jimenez in the Members Bar for great friendly service. He is another plus to the GR Solaris. Loved our conversations! Thank you to all at the pool bar, always smiling and making our stay great !!! Love the GR and will definitely be visiting again next year!
After 15 hours of traveling arrived at 9pm .greeted by receptionist to tell me the de -lux room was the basic room for 315 dollars I could upgrade , I refused to find my delux room overlooked the bin compound . Asked for a map of the resort when I checked in was told the the guys who looked after the time share would give a map in the morning this is extremely unprofessional. With in 90 minutes of arriving the neighbour next door decided to play hide and seek with his young excited children this was at 11:15 pm this continued till after 12 and again in the morning at 6:15 the walls are paper thin . I asked to be moved which I was moved 2 days later which I was grateful for this which was same room but ,3 floors above . I found the booking system for restaurants ridiculous you can only book 24 hour in advanced and can only book at the Marco Polo between 1830-2030 . Also they don’t advertise what menu will be available at the restaurant until you arrive , it will say french menu ,Management need to look at this process . Most all inclusive hotels will have booking open till the morning ,and the menu available for each restaurants .The alcohol was unbranded. The resort will need to update if it wants to attract new customers. Food ok . Found acetate cards describing the food items would be hit and miss it would be better not to put a sign up than to put a wrong one up this was a daily occurrence . Best part of the food offering was the pizzas near the pools , this would have been popular if you kept it open after 5pm Need to improve on your coffee to attract guest back to your resorts ,you need to offer a bean to cup coffee experience.it was surprisingly how many customers ended up in Starbucks