What We Love
- The hauntingly beautiful Mexican-Moroccan architecture that's soothing and graceful - it lulls you right into your Chill Zone.
- Resort privileges at Royal Solaris Cancun - check out the mouthwatering pizzas served by the pool and the kids will love the waterpark.
- The intimate plazas, or "Mexican squares", where you can spend some quiet time relaxing, enjoying a drink and embracing that, yes, you are actually on vacay.
- The spa where you can melt into stress-smashing massages, the Jacuzzi, steam room, and more. Pampering Central.
- Every Thursday, you can watch exotic belly dancers in the lobby whose sensual moves channel women from antiquity.
- You can enjoy hours of doing nothing on their gorgeous terraces. (That's what getaways are for, right?)
- Dining at the sublime Bogavante restaurant as you gaze at azure water lapping a few feet away.
Things to Know
- Take a zip line and soar above the jungle floor. Or, take a guided ride through the local wilderness. TThe staff will help direct you to the best tours in the area.
- There's a private marina with pedal boats and kayaks for you seafaring folks.
- Stay fit with tennis, beach volleyball, putt putt golf and a variety of other physical activities.
- There's an onsite mini golf course and mini water parks next door at Royal Solaris, but both offer BIG fun.
- For your little ones, there's a Kids Club at Royal Solaris Cancun where they can dive into everything from puzzles to face painting to movies. (Read: lots of activities so they'll sleep well at night).
LocationCancun - Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6141 reviews
Treated like royalty!
My husband and I took a getaway trip to Cancun. My son is an owner at the GR SOLARIS. He was so kind to let us use one if his weeks. We love the GR SOLARIS and their entire staff. They make you feel at home while being treated wonderful. Friendly staff, spotless rooms, great nightly shows and no complaint on the restaurants. Love the Zia, Ridizio and breakfast at the Rosmarinus. I want to give a shout out to Eli that works at the Rosmarinus. He is such a plus to the GR. He was do nice and easy to talk to, made us feel special. Thank you Eli! Thank You to Carmen DeDios Jimenez in the Members Bar for great friendly service. He is another plus to the GR Solaris. Loved our conversations! Thank you to all at the pool bar, always smiling and making our stay great !!! Love the GR and will definitely be visiting again next year!
After 15 hours of traveling arrived at 9pm .greeted by receptionist to tell me the de -lux room was the basic room for 315 dollars I could upgrade , I refused to find my delux room overlooked the bin compound . Asked for a map of the resort when I checked in was told the the guys who looked after the time share would give a map in the morning this is extremely unprofessional. With in 90 minutes of arriving the neighbour next door decided to play hide and seek with his young excited children this was at 11:15 pm this continued till after 12 and again in the morning at 6:15 the walls are paper thin . I asked to be moved which I was moved 2 days later which I was grateful for this which was same room but ,3 floors above . I found the booking system for restaurants ridiculous you can only book 24 hour in advanced and can only book at the Marco Polo between 1830-2030 . Also they don’t advertise what menu will be available at the restaurant until you arrive , it will say french menu ,Management need to look at this process . Most all inclusive hotels will have booking open till the morning ,and the menu available for each restaurants .The alcohol was unbranded. The resort will need to update if it wants to attract new customers. Food ok . Found acetate cards describing the food items would be hit and miss it would be better not to put a sign up than to put a wrong one up this was a daily occurrence . Best part of the food offering was the pizzas near the pools , this would have been popular if you kept it open after 5pm Need to improve on your coffee to attract guest back to your resorts ,you need to offer a bean to cup coffee experience.it was surprisingly how many customers ended up in Starbucks
Clean, Friendly and Helpful.
My daughter and I spent 7 days at the hotel. We really enjoyed it. It was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. We loved the two restaurants where you could make unlimited reservations. The food at the drop in buffets was not the best but also not horrible. The property was clean and we enjoyed an awesome Mexican massage at the spa. We also loved the 24 hour room service. I didn't have to go down to the restaurants to have my morning coffee!
We had an awesome relaxing trip. First time staying at this hotel. If you are considering the only thing to note is bc the hotel room floors are all tile, sound echos and is amplified in the halls. This did make sleeping through the night pretty impossible some nights ...with doors closing and even normal conversation in the halls. Additionally you will need to adjust to a later “vacation schedule” for heading to bed...the music in the lobby (which is where the fun is so definitely plan to hang out and enjoy the entertainment ) does not end until 11pm. As they say—when in Rome— enjoy the fun and sleep in, or sleep by the pool or on the beach all day (which is what we did after the first night). The GR Solaris has a Delightful staff, Great food, and amazing beautiful people from all over enjoying their amenities. We met so many interesting people at that great swim up bar. We would definitely go back. One of the funnest things to go is “dine” at a different themed restaurant each night. (Men, Be sure to pack pants for the dress code.) plan a later dinner and then stroll to the lobby to hang out for an after dinner drink and some live music. Ready to head back!
Great resort but can improve
This beautiful resort was located approximately 15 min drive from the airport in the hotel zone. Even though we have ordered for a romantic package was ready to go on arrival it was disappointing to see it was incomplete but guest services coordinator was quick to fix the situation. Overall the hotel was in perfect location but food was average and it was weird you have to make reservation for the nicer restaurants. One thing I noticed even after a dozen drinks I did n't feel any buzz I don't know if that was me or the drink. Children's activities were nice and occupied children for several hours and staff were very nice. Evening shows at the resort was good and kept children and adults entertained equally. We will be back soon.