What We Love
- All rooms have private balconies, which are great for enjoying the gorgeous sunsets.
- Take the resort's private boat to nearby Deer Island, with snorkeling, sunbathing, and tons of sun.
- The pool stretches throughout the resort and includes waterfalls, rock formations and the ever popular swim-up bar.
- A grocery store on-site lets you pick up snacks and drinks.
- Take advantage of the 15-person spa tub to meet new friends, or head to the quiet pool for soothing adult-tranquility.
- Noshing on seafood under a palapa at La Concha is a must-do.
Things to Know
- The resort's two pools have features that kids of all ages love. The waterfalls especially remind you that you're in an exotic paradise.
- The El Cid Golf and Country Club not only has a 27-hole championship golf course that will test your skills, but tennis, a spa and fitness center.
- Tons of thrilling water sports - you can jet ski, boogie board or kayak the seas, all before you're afternoon siesta.
- Only 4 short miles from downtown Olas Atlas, where you'll find tons of shopping, restaurants and nightlife.
- Mazatlan is known for their cliff divers - make sure you check them out on your vacay.
- Bay cruise, Deer Island and Stone Island Tours all depart daily from El Cid Marina.
This hotel is not all-inclusive. Food and drinks must be purchased separately.
Unless otherwise specified, all services are available for an additional charge.
General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy - Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy - Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy - This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Transfer Policy - A price may display when children stay free, if your vacation includes transfer to your hotel.
General Information - Room taxes and service fees are included in vacation price. Minimum night stay restrictions may apply. Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating2904 reviews
Best vacation in years
We had a wonderful time in Mazatlan, staying at El Cid. The company has been the number one place in the area forever. The beach was really enjoyable too. The food at Concha was so fabulous we ate every dinner there. The wait staff was amazing. We really liked Daniel and our waiter of choice was Victor Hernandez. They had live music for some meals that were great!! Our rooms were clean and very roomy. We can hardly wait for our next 2 week vacation there.
I went to this resort with my friend. We were both celebrating our birthday and decided to take an all-inclusive trip to Mazatlan. He owns a time-share and we picked this particular hotel because he was able to get a week there. First off....we traveled at the end of February and the weather was AMAZING. It never got too hot or humid. There were a few days the weather was a little overcast - but I am a fan of moody weather. But for the most part we spent a lot of time in the water. We also took a few tours around the area. Mazatlan is an amazingly beautiful city. I was in awe the whole time I was there. ALSO, the hotel is stunning. We were on the 21st floor...we had an awesome view of the beach, Deer Island, and the rest of the hotel. The staff was so so kind. We were all inclusive so we were able to bounce around and partake of the cuisine at each hotel. The staff was always super friendly....and one of the hotels puts on a show and dinner every evening - and it was always an awesome time. Since we were there for our birthday, our second day there, they decorated our room with balloons and a cake...and they even spelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY on our bed with little rocks. I mean, the little details were everything. Keep in mind, this is a time share resort, which means you may need to attend a presentation, especially if you want to partake in some of the tours - which were so much fun. But they do not pressure you into buying. I was appreciative of that. So it did not ruin my vacation.
Excellent staff and accommodations. My only negative comment is that there are too many beach vendors who are constantly trying to get our attention. It would also be nice to separate the smokers from the non-smokers on the beach. Have the smokers down wind.
great location, uninviting resort!!
We were picked up by the resorts airport shuttle as reqested! After a 30 minute ride we arrived at the resort. The huge lobby was uninviting! The staff at check in were courteous and pleasant. Our one bedrrom suite on the 21 floor was huge, with a view of Mazatlan and the lengthy beach! Suite was not decorated with paintings etc.. Mini kirchen with a large fridge and all the ameniteis of home, table and 4 chairs in eating area Two private full bathrooms (one with a huge walk-in shower ) The hide-a-bed was atrocious, could see the spings in the mattress! After advising the staff that it was going to used as a bed for the two weeks we were there, they placed a Queen size "pillow top" bed mattress on it and we left it pulled out during our stay. It had a regular balconey with 3 "lawn" chairs. Room servce attended daily. We did not take the all in-clusive plan because there are many good eating establishments in the immediate area! The food in the resorts restaurants was mediocure . Ample shoppping close by
Vacation during the Plague
I enjoyed El Moro and the neighboring hotels very much. Being right in the middle of the city was a big plus for me. Even with all the craziness going on in the world it was an excellent experience. The employees there are the backbone and I hope they are being treated well. Maybe improve the pizza a bit but overall everything was great. If the price is right I will be back soon.