‹ Return to In The News
Travelzoo Announces 2010 Travelzoo Award Winners
17 Travel and Entertainment Companies Take Home the Coveted 'Tzoo Award'
PHOENIX, Ariz., November 17, 2010
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company, announced the winners for the 2010 Travelzoo® Awards at the fourth annual gala ceremony in Phoenix last night. Also known as "The Tzoos," the Travelzoo Awards celebrate the companies behind the best travel and entertainment deals of the year. Travelzoo's global team of deal experts evaluated over 80,000 offers to uncover the 17 Travelzoo Award winners. Because of Travelzoo's stringent review process, the Travelzoo Award is the ultimate stamp of approval and recognition for providing deals that are 'best of the best'.
"It is an honor to recognize and celebrate the 2010 Travelzoo Award winners as the companies behind the very best travel and entertainment deals. Over the past 12 months, these companies consistently passed Travelzoo's strict deal qualification process by providing the most exceptional deals week after week," said Shirley Tafoya, president, Travelzoo North America. "Their deals enticed millions of people to take trips they may not have originally considered."
The 2010 Travelzoo Award winners are:
- Best Overall Provider of Outstanding Travel Deals - North America
- Leading Provider of Domestic Airfare Deals
- Leading Provider of International Airfare Deals
- Best Overall Provider of Airfare Deals - U.S.
- Best Overall Provider of Airfare Deals - Canada
- Leading Provider of Hotel Deals - East
The Fairmont Southampton
- Leading Provider of Hotel Deals - West
Cabo Azul Resort
- Leading Provider of Hotel Deals - Canada
- Outstanding Deals by a Hotel Chain or Brand
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Best Overall Provider of Vacation Package Deals to Warm Weather Destinations
- Best Overall Provider of Vacation Package Deals to Asia or Europe
Friendly Planet Travel
- Best Overall Provider of Vacation Package Deals from Canada
- Most Outstanding Provider of Cruise Deals by an Agency
CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Best Overall Provider of Cruise Deals by a Cruise Line
- Leading Provider of Outstanding Ground Transportation Deals
- Best Overall Provider of Entertainment Deals
Cirque du Soleil
- Most Outstanding Achievement in Marketing Travel Deals for a Destination
Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
The fourth annual Travelzoo Awards gala ceremony was held at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona. With over 200 travel, tourism and entertainment executives in attendance, Travelzoo honored the finalist companies and announced the winners in 17 categories.
To determine the Travelzoo Award winners of 2010, Travelzoo's deal experts evaluated deals published in the United States and Canada in a 12-month period on the following five-point scale:
- Quality: Travelzoo's deal experts regularly consult with more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies around the world to uncover the best offers. Deals provided by winner companies offered outstanding value based on market research and are considered the "best of the best".
- Reliability: Travelzoo's Test Booking Center™ manually verifies availability, accuracy of information and ease of booking for each deal published. The deals provided by winner companies exceeded all the requirements of the testing process.
- Consistency: Winner companies consistently featured outstanding deals week after week for Travelzoo subscribers.
- Competitiveness: Deals provided by winner companies surpassed competitors when comparing overall value and offer details.
- Appeal: Winner companies consistently achieved between 4.5 and 6 (on a 6-point scale) in the user ratings collected by Travelzoo.
For more information about the 2010 Travelzoo Awards, visit www.travelzoo.com/tzoos
Travelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With 21 million subscribers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific and 23 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies. Travelzoo's deal experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc.
Source: Travelzoo Inc., 590 Madison Ave, 37th Floor, New York, NY 10022
CheapCaribbean.com is the leading online resource for travelers interested in vacation deals to the Caribbean and Mexico. Its mission is to be the premier e-commerce beach company by inspiring and fulfilling the dreams of its stakeholders. The CheapCaribbean.com website provides in-depth content on hotel properties and destinations, including authenticated user reviews, exclusive insider tips, as well as beautiful destination photos. The online travel site has grown dramatically since its inception 13 years ago. The site attracts more than 50 million unique visitors a year, resulting in over 1.5 million customers serviced.
Sophia Stoller, CheapCaribbean.com